Choc Chip Blondies – Paleo & Sugar-Free
CATEGORIES: GAPS Recipes Snacks + Treats
When someone first introduced me to the concept of Blondies I was unimpressed.
Brownies without chocolate? What’s the point!!!?
But now I am older and wiser (joke) and more experienced in my cake eating ability (no joke) then I have come to LOVE blondies. They are like the blonder more vanilla-y sister of the brunette brownies and are still yummy.
These are gluten, dairy, grain and sugar-free, of course, and just a bunch of whole foods all shoved together into some yummy goodness.
And if you know your a bit addicted to the sugar, and want to switch to using natural sweeteners but have no idea how OR just want more awesome recipes like this one then make sure you click below to get my priceless Natural Sweetener Recipe eGuide. where I share with your
In it I share with your more recipes (there is an actual brownie recipe in it plus another 5 recipes) and all the natural sweeteners options you could pick from, where to buy them and how to use them. Awesome.
- 200g cashews
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder or tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 2 small eggs
- 75 g creamed coconut*
- 4 medjool dates
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 50-100ml water or milk of any kind
- a pinch bicarbonate of soda
- 30g dark chocolate or cacao nibs
- Preheat oven at 200c
- Place cashews in the blender with dates and creamed coconut. Blend until smooth ish.
- Chop the dark chocolate into 'chips' and set aside.
- Then add the other ingredients, except the choc chips/nib, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into oven dish, so its about 1.5 cm - 2cm in thickness and cook until slightly golden - which is roughly 15- 25 minutes.
- * this is the hard blocks - not the wet coconut cream
- This would also work with almonds or pecan too!