Chocolate & Raspberry 5 Minute Mousse – Dairy, Sugar & Grain Free
CATEGORIES: GAPS Recipes Snacks + Treats
There is a bit of a misconception out there that eating healthy and making food from scratch means you need to spend hours and hours in the kitchen.
Sure eating whole, real and natural foods is going to take you a tad longer than a phone call to get a pizza delivered but when it comes to life long health that is not much of a cost. What the point in saving time if your don’t have the health to use it?
The only reason I spend hours in the kitchen is when I am:
A. taking photos of food (I am NOT a natural photographer. I am a natural eater and these two don’t often go hand in hand…)
B. I am perfecting a recipe for you guys therefore I make is several times in a row…
This Chocolate & Raspberry 5 Minute Mousse – Dairy, Sugar & Grain Free recipe is the perfect example of not having that much food in the house, having a busy day and saying we would take pudding round to a friends house for dinner that evening. And when I say it is a five minute mousse I mean it. You literally blend and then leave to set. That is all.
Plus it is super healing and oh so good for your body. If you have read my homemade marshmallow recipe then you will know why gelatine is so good for you. I use Great Lakes Unflavored Gelatin as it is really good quality and I see it as more of a superfood supplement and try to eat some every day to help my gut increasing heal and repair itself.
This is what I use .
Want more ingredients – check out my shop
If you want to know how get healthy without spending hours in the kitchen or going crazy then make sure you sign up to my last Flourish 6 week online course before the summer – click here to find out more.
- 7 medjool dates
- 600ml water
- 2 tbsp quality gelatin
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar or 1 tsp raw honey/maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- a pinch salt
- 6 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp scoop coconut oil
- 200g raspberries
- Blend all the ingredient for the mousse in a blend and blend until totally smooth - about 30 seconds.
- Then bang your blender jug a few times to remove large air bubbles.
- Pour into glasses, teacups or whatever you want to serve it in.
- Lightly hit the glass again to remove air bubbles.
- Place in fridge and leave to set - this will take about 3-4 hours.
- Top with fresh raspberries and enjoy.
- Feel free to add other flavours like chilli, cinnamon, coffee etc.