Freezer Ready Spiced Chocolate Drizzled Cookies
CATEGORIES: Recipes Snacks + Treats
I love the satisfaction of offering something homemade and wonderful to people when they come over. To be fair often I often offer some not that great, still experimental item that tastes a tad too much like a vegetable or is devoid of all sweetness. But you get my point.
And there is nothing better than having ready to go in the freezer some cookie/biscuit dough where all you need to slice and cook and BOOM you have a house filled with the spiced and sweet aroma of cookies. Hence this delicious recipe. These are a bit like shortbread, a bit like a biscuit and a bit cinnamon-y, orange/lemony in taste – basically christmas and winter in a biscuit.
If your anything like me in winter I feel I need more snacks. It gets to 4-5pm and its dark and its time to raid the cupboard, because although I am a health coach and I sometimes reach of some carrots or green juice I equally as often reach for the cookie jar. It just so happens to be a grain/gluten/sugar free jar.
So if you want to have some snack ready to cook this festive season, or don’t like making massive batches of baking sue to the temptation to eat it all – then this is for you. Make 1, 2 or 10 at a time and always have healthier treats to hand. As I like to say getting super naturally healthy is about wise with our food choices not deprived.
Also my Flourish Festive Blast started today but don’t fear you can still sign up and join us (there are over 50 of us!) on a 10 day challenge to feel fabulous! Click here to sign up.
- 100g coconut flour
- 100g organic ideally raw butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 pinches nutmeg, ground cloves
- pinch salt
- 4 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- zest of one lemon and one orange
- 50g dark chocolate
- Place all the spices and zest in bowl and make sure butter is at room temperature. Mix in the flour and add the butter and honey and cream until a dough forms. This is best done with a wooden spoon and then by hand.
- Then make it into a rough log shape and roll into some clig filma dn place in freezer.
- To cook straight away preheat oven to 180c and after the dough has been in the freezer for about 20 minutes unwrapa nd slice of 1 cm thick round and place on baking tray and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- If you wish to cook from frozen then allow the log shaped dough to thaw for about 5 mintues then slice in 1 cm inch thick rounds with a good knife. Cook in a preheat oven at 180c for about 25-25 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in glass bowl over boiling water and us a spoon to drizzle over the cooled cookies.
- I have tried these with hemp flour/powder to and it works very well too.
What are you favourite winter snacks?