The Green Smoothie Challenge: 14 Days to a Healthy Happy You!
CATEGORIES: Nutrition Weight Loss
Needing a bit of motivation, inspiration (or any other sort of ‘ation’) to get you healthier and happy for summer? Want something tasty that will actually energise you, make your body feel clean, lean and generally happy?
Then you need to take part in my free green smoothie challenge!
The idea of this challenge is that together, as a wee online community, we inspire and support each other to commit to having one green smoothie every day for 14 days.
I totally stole this idea (well, Laura was more than happy to share – she is a generous soul!) from one of my fav blogs keepinghealthygettingstylish.com who did it before Easter and I thought it was a genius idea.
What is it?
Basically it is 14 days where you aim to consume a green smoothie every day.
- To get your body filled with lots of amazing minerals like iron, magnesium, calcium, and vitamins like vitamin C, E, Bs etc. A happy, healed body is one with all the vitamins and minerals it needs to function!
- To get leaner. If you switch your normal breakfast or lunch to an enormous and filling smoothie you will lose weight if you are not at your ideal body weight. Ladies (and men) these smoothies are not piddly excuses but are super filling plus super quick to make so they are a busy lady’s ideal way to shape up for life.
- Energise! Ever put diesel in a unleaded petrol car. Does it run well? Ah no it does not. Filling your body with processed food and expecting it to run well? It wont. Fill it with fresh, live and nutrient-dense foods and your body will thrive and abound in energy.
- It is perfect for busy people. Make smoothies in advance, drink them on the train, at your desk or whilst chasing kids round the house.
- You will feel AWESOME. Eating so many green veg, and dedicating 14 days to green smoothies will make you feel like a health god(dess) and that you cannot be defeated! Food does not just fuel our body, it fuels our minds too and how we feel about our bodies. I can guarantee if you change nothing else about your diet but include a green smoothie every day you will feel awesome. And who doesn’t want to feel more awesome??
This is all about listening to your body but here are some of my suggestions
- If weight loss is your aim then replace breakfast with a large green smoothie and use on 1-2 tbsp of nut butters if any at all.
- Aim to have at least half the smoothie made of vegetables.
- Experiment and have fun with it.
- Make some for your friends and colleagues.
- Keep an eye on facebook for daily inspiration.
- You will be given all the recipes and ‘how to’s’ you need 🙂
- Runs 9th May – 22nd May!
Easy peasy. Sign up below and you will be sent free recipes and how-to of green smoothies and some inspiration along the way. This is totally free and just a bit of healthy happy fun! You will also be sure to follow me on facebook and instagram for daily updates as I will be doing it with you.
Starts a week today so get signed up quick to receive all your green smoothie goodies 🙂