Celeriac & Apple Coleslaw with Roast Sweet Potato Wedges
CATEGORIES: Dinners + Lunch Recipes
This recipe has been my salad obsession or the last few weeks. As it is slowly getting better weather and we will soon be shedding layers this recipe is a great one or those of you who want to shape up and get healthy for that summer sun!
I love soups in winter but do enjoy a good salad in the spring and summer months as longs as it not a boring iceberg lettuce salad – I mean they are just so watery! Plus they don’t fill you up and make you feel like you are on a diet. Having a diet mindset is a disaster for you waist line as it encourages you to be ‘on’ or ‘off’ a plan instead of just eating well all the time. As you may know I am currently trying to reduce my body fat so I can do a pull up (I know I am weird but read here for more info), and with recipes like this is really isn’t hard.
Its filled with powerfully health foods – raw apple cider vinegar, raw egg yolk, celeriac and kefir – so it is tasty and it fills you up!
I make the coleslaw in bulk and use it for lunches with spinach or for main meal I have it with sweet potato and some eggs. However you eat it – just enjoy!
Also if you are thinking it is time to get in shape for summer then check out my new coaching packages – new and improved to ensure you get the results you want! Also make sure you are signed up to the mailing list as all my subscribers will get a MASSIVE discount on all my coaching packages because I love them:) A client recently lost 9lb over 4 weeks and gained back loads of energy just by making a few simple changes and benefitting from regular coaching – their story could be yours!
- 500g grated Celeriac (roughly one small one)
- 200g grated Cabbage (about 1/4 of whole one)
- 1/2 Onion grated
- 4 Apples grated
- 3 Organic Egg Yolks
- 50 ml Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 200ml Kefir/Natural Yogurt
- 1tsp salt
- 2 tsp Raw Honey
- 100 ml Olive Oil
- Sweet potatoes (serves 4)
- 4-5 Sweet potatoes roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Pinch Salt
- Use a food processor to grate all the vegetables/fruit and then mix thoroughly with your hands in a large bowl.
- Then in a food processor blend all the other ingredients until smooth.
- Then simply mix together in a bowl and enjoy with some sweet potato chips or a burger!
- For the sweet potato wedges place the chopped potato in a pan and bring to boil for 10 minutes. The place in a tray with coconut oil and place under a medium grill for 10-15 mins , turning occasionally and season well with salt and pepper. Take out of grill when they are crispy and golden.