Sweet Potato & Leek Soup
CATEGORIES: Dinners + Lunch Recipes
Since ending the GAPS diet in January I have been loving eating sweet potato again! I have to say throughout last year I wasn’t really bothered about not eating bread, rice or pasta but I really missed sweet potatoes!
Plus we are slowly springing into spring and my soups will soon be replaced with more salady type things ( I hate salads in winter !) so I had to share this delicious recipe with your. It super simple and therefore super easy!
I often snack on soups or have massive bowls full for quick dinners. (Read why I love soup here)
Sweet potato are also great sources of magnesium (80% of us are magnesium deficient – but more on that in another post!), iron, vitamin c, and vitamin B6 – winner! Plus they are filled with carbohydrate so will help give you energy in a natural non grain way! Winner!
- 1.25 kg Sweet Potatos
- 3 Leeks
- 2 Onions
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1.7 ml Water
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 65g Organic Butter
- Put everything except the butter in a large pan or in a slow cooker. Allow it to come to boil and then simmer until soft ( roughly 30 mins).
- If using slow cooker put on medium for 4-6 hours or longer.
- Then blend and add the butter (or coconut cream if want it dairy free) until smooth. Add more water if its too thick for your liking.
- Serve with chopped raw carrot 'croutons'.
- To save time when using a slow cooker don't bother to chop any of the veg, just half the potatoes and place in pot with water.
- Feel free to add spice, more coconut or other veg to this soup!