Today we are going to talk about one of favourite foods. Raw honey.
I love the stuff because it is so good for you body AND it has tons of uses AND when one product has about 15 different uses it makes it one frugal, budget friendly item on your shopping list.
Raw honey is more expensive than normal blended honey, but for the amount of things I can use it for I see it as a bargain as I don’t have to buy other things like face wash/mask, shampoo, sugar, chocolate, cough syrups etc.
(I buy in bulk – see below).
15 Uses for Raw Honey
- Use it as a face mask to treat problem skin . Rub on face and leave for at least 10 minutes but longer if able and viola beautiful cleansed and soft skin.
- Eat it with kefir to reduce the sour tang and make a probiotic tastic dessert
- Use it to cleanse you face in the morning. Rub on like a face wash and then rinse of with warm water.
- Use it to make your hair clean! Read here for more
- Mix it with crushed and chopped garlic, chopped ginger and leave overnight. When you want to take it mix with lemon juice and take 1 tsp to sooth your cough and boost immunity.
- Use it to treat a minor burn. See here for how.
- To make homemade chocolate.
- For sunburn. Apply to skin to help it heal.
- Spot cream. Dab onto appearing spots and leave overnight and watch it disappear!
- To make a 2 min chocolate sauce. Follow my chocolate recipe but don’t allow the chocolate to set!
- For a cold remedy. Place in a mug with some ginger, chilli, garlic lemon juice and you have yourself a healing tonic .
- The phytonutrients in raw honey have antibacterial and antiviral properties that may help boost your immune system and fight sickness. source
- Apply to minor burns to reduce inflammation.
- To help fight off summer allergies, go for local honey for maximum impact.
- As an antiseptic. Many hospital dressings now use honey due to its strong antiseptic properties.
Have you tried raw honey yet? Whats your favourite way of using it?by