vBlog: What is Gluten & Should you be Eating it? Gluten/Dairy Free Chocolate Milk Recipe
CATEGORIES: Drinks Nutrition Recipes Snacks + Treats
Starting a new series looking at gluten and if you should be eating it. Every shop now seems to have ‘gluten free’ foods and it can all seem a bit overwhelming and confusing. This video will tell you what gluten is, what it can do to our body and if you should be eating it.
This is the first in a few posts I will do about gluten, looking how to remove gluten from your diet, the foods it is hidden in, and why people go gluten free.
So why not make some chocolate milk (see recipe below) and watch the video and enjoy!
(Also FYI this if the last week you can take advantage of my super bargainous coaching offer where you can get access to private, one2one nutritional coaching that will rock your world at only £25 . My clients are not only seeing results like weight loss and restored health but they are also transforming their approaches and mindsets towards food – which is the KEY to life long health. Offer ends this Sunday and price will return to its RRP. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.)
Now to the chocolate as let’s be honest thats what your here for! This recipe is delicious, refreshing, jam-packed with antioxidants and a sure way to knock chocolate craving on the head in a healthy way.
I make my own almond milk (recipe here – it takes 5 mins and is super easy!) and my own vanilla essence as again it really takes no time what so ever, saves me money and reduces the toxins that enter my body. Plus this has some sneaky spirulina in it which is SO GOOD for you – watch here for why.
You may think I am mad for making so much of my own stuff but it is really for two main reasons.
1. I want to thrive, be full of energy and pursue all the dreams that God has given me. Life is not that long I don’t want to spend a second it feeling like crap or lacking in energy, I’ve been there done that and am not doing it again. I have chosen to prioritise my health and wellbeing above all things .
2. Its all a matter of habit. These ingredient take no time to make and they have become habit as I have implement the above point.
(Also it saves me loads of money which means I can go on last minute trips to places like New York if need be!)
- 400ml Almond Milk (I make my own to ensure no junk is added)
- 2 tsp Raw Honey
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp Spirulina (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or jug for a hand blender. Blend until smooth, grab some straws and enjoy!
- Feel free to use goats milk, coconut milk, hemp, oat or any other sort of dairy free milk.
- Spirulina is totally optional but is so good for you and a really natural boost.